Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Best Sandwich EVER!!!

I made the most amazing sub yesterday. I took one package of tempeh and sliced it rather thick. I am not sure how many slices I got. I then simmered it in water for just a few moments. I then put them on a foil lined cookie sheet, spread BBQ sauce over them and baked until the BBQ sauce looked dried out. I then put it on a sub roll. I topped it with sliced colby-jack cheese, sauteed mushrooms, thin onion slices, thin tomato slices, pickle slices and then lettuce on top. I spread a little bit of mayo on the top. It was to DIE for. I actually used Pillsbury french loaf for this. I formed it like I did when I made the Snake sub last year for Halloween. This year the kids named it a slug sub. Unfortunately, my camera was mia so there are no pictures. But trust me it was delicious!

No comments: