Friday, March 13, 2009

We are finally getting there...

We are finally getting to use our kitchen again. I cannot tell you how happy that is making my family. I really did miss cooking. I painted the trim this morning so that I could move the desk back into the kitchen. I am so excited!! I can finally use my Kitchen Aid mixer again. I will also to put my brand new toy in the kitchen. What new toy?? My favorite guy bought me a Cuisinart food processor. It has been sitting in the box for a month now waiting for a new home.

We did run into a small problem, ok big problem. The facing of my lower cabinets is shot. They are only made of plywood. They need to be completely redone. Well, since I couldn't put drawers or my lower cabinet doors back in they are all under the desk in the kitchen now. While I am loving the ease of putting things away without the cabinets doors, I am missing them as well. The kitchen looks a little cluttered with the open cabinets. I promise to post more pictures once I get the clutter off the cabinets.

Photobucket

We have also finished all most all of the bathroom painting. I did the trim in there this afternoon. I cannot get over how fabulous it looks. I will take pictures tomorrow after I get the new curtain up. We just need to redo our mirror and pick up a thing of two. Shh, don't tell dh. He doesn't understand the need for nice hand towels. :-)

1 comment:

Jenn Shagrin said...

Thank you so much, Summer :) You'll have to let me know how they turn out!

Damn. You have one sexy pantry.