Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Oatmeal Pancakes

Today for breakfast we had Oatmeal Pancakes. They were ok. I must say that I am not a fan of oatmeal.The recipe we used is from The Wildflower Inn. I found the recipe here at 1st Traveler's Choice Internet Cookbook.

Ingredients

2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
2 cups buttermilk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted and cooled.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Combine oats and buttermilk for about 15minutes. Add eggs and butter. Stir well. Add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir gently. Cook on a medium hot grill. I use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to ladle onto the grill. Serve with maple syrup. Serves 4.

**My notes** I used soymilk and whole wheat flour. My boys and dh had a peanut butter syrup on top. It had a little melted butter, organic smooth peanut butter and a little honey in it. My peanut butter lover loved it.

No comments: