Thursday, October 18, 2007

Butternut Squash Ravioli Filling

I made this last week for dinner. It was Oooh soo good. They were a hit.All three of my children loved them. I served this with dinner rolls and green beans.Next time I am going to try and toast them.

I found this recipe at CD Kitchen

Ingredients:

1 1/2 pound butternut squash
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan Cheese, must be fresh(I didn't have fresh)
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, scant; go very easy on nutmeg
****sauce*****
3 tablespoons butter
4 fresh sage leaves
1 teaspoon salt

Directions:
Cut the squash in pieces and put about 1 inch water in the bottom of the baking pan. Bake squash at about 400ºF for about 45 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. After it is baked, cool the squash for 5 minutes and then scoop out of the shell and mash thoroughly with other filling ingredients.

Bring an enormous pot of (salted) water to boil. When at a full rolling boil, use a spatula to drop no more than 10 ravioli at a time into the water. They should rise immediately to the surface. Give them enough room so that they don't stick to each other or accidentally get punctured and leak the filling. Cook in batches for 3 minutes only and remove to a warm plate. Meanwhile, melt the butter over very low heat until just bubbly, but do not let it brown. Mince up fresh sage and add with salt. Pour butter sauce over ravioli when you serve.

Serves 6.


*****Chrissy's Notes*****
I didn't use fresh Parmesan cheese because I didn't have any. I used wonton wrappers instead of pasta. I doubled this recipe and I had just enough left that I tried to freeze them. They did great! Next time I make this I will make more of the sauce. It was just too good.

No comments: